Naturopathic medicine follows these seven principles:
1. Do no harm: use safe, effective, natural therapies.
2. Nature has healing powers: the physician's job is to enhance the body's natural power to heal itself.
3. Identify and treat the cause: find the cause, rather than just suppress the symptoms.
4. Treat the whole person: administer to the patient's physical, mental/emotional, spiritual, and social sides.
5. The physician is a teacher: educate and motivate patients to take more responsibility for their health.
6. Prevention is the best cure: health-supporting life habits prevent disease.
7. Establish health and wellness: increase the patient's positive physical and mental state.
Encyclopedia of Natural Medicine weighs three
pounds and nine ounces, has 946 pages, and is as informative as it is hefty.
The authors are naturopathic doctors -- they focus on promoting health and treating
disease with nontoxic, natural therapies.
This book shows you how to improve your health through a positive mental attitude, healthy
lifestyle, health-promoting diet, and supplements, with plenty of practical tips.
Learn disease prevention through enhancing key body systems. The
bulk of the book details natural remedies for treating more than 70 ailments.
Each includes symptoms, description, therapeutic considerations (with discussion of
studies), and a treatment summary, including nutritional supplements and botanical
If you have a disease, this book will give you a valuable perspective on natural
treatments. If you're well, it will give you many pointers for maintaining and
enhancing your health. --Joan Price
Is there really a safer, more effective natural
alternative to most prescription and over-the-counter medicines? Yes. In Natural Alternatives to Over-the-Counter and Prescription Drugs, his groundbreaking
book, naturopathic physician Michael Murray provides specific natural alternatives to
some of the drugs most used by Americans, including Tagamet, Prednisone, Seldane, and
Zantac. Examining the side effects and effectiveness of many of the drugs used today,
Murray shows how these drugs can be replaced with less expensive natural remedies whose
medicinal benefits have been proven in clinical studies. He discusses how herbs, vitamins,
minerals, extracts, and ointments can be used to bring relief from a wide array of
specific ailments, including:
* Asthma, hay fever, and the common cold
* High blood pressure and high cholesterol
* Heartburn and headache
With easy-to-understand charts, graphs, and tables throughout, Natural Alternatives to
Over-the-Counter and Prescription Drugs offers detailed, practical information that will
help readers live a fuller, healthier life--free from pharmaceutical medicines.
- Top of page
The books featured here are from Amazon - they ship internationally,
however, if you'd prefer to deal with Amazon in Europe - click
I am NOT a medical professional.
I am a CFS - EBV sufferer who is relaying some of his experiences and
None of the information on these pages is to be construed as medical advice.
Please see a doctor for such advice.
Due to the nature of my illness, I am unable to work for a
regular employer in my former occupation as a journalist, and have started this Website, it's mirror
sites and others, as an information resource and business.
Principles of this site & Privacy
Marcus Webb, Webmaster
1Earth Media. All Rights Reserved. Last update 26th January 2013
PO Box 311, Wingham, N.S.W, Australia, 2429.